Tuesday, October 25, 2011

St. Jude Thaddeus

Today I am grateful for mistakes. If we don't make them, we don't learn :)

Today's featured saint is St. Jude Thaddeus, one of Jesus' 12 disciples. He is known as the saint for desperate cases. When I was in college, me and my friends would often ask for his help especially when it comes to passing extremely difficult exams.  Thank you for your prayers, St. Jude.  :)

St. Jude Thaddeus - Feast Day is October 28

O most holy apostle, Saint Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honoureth and invoketh thee universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, and of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, who am so miserable. Make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded to thee, to bring visible and speedy help where help was almost despaired of. Come to mine assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolation and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with thee and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise thee, O blessed Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favour, to always honour thee as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to thee. Amen.

for more info on St. Jude - http://www.12apostlesofthecatholicchurch.com/jude.html  


"When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas, son of James." - Acts 1:13

2 comments:

  1. I've called on St. Jude many times, Berenice. Sometimes I felt badly for bothering him but he is a good saint and often does help. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Miss Susan! I'm sure St. Jude never felt bothered :) I would imagine more that he was getting exasperated with me because I was like a broken record when I was asking him for help :D

    ReplyDelete