|this happy :)|
Today for the Occupational Therapy spotlight, I would like to share some information about energy conservation techniques, the OT way.
Energy Conservation is defined as "any technique, device or practical strategy that you can implement that will keep you from spending more energy on daily activities that take away the joy of life." - Grace Young
|No more nut-hoarding|
Here are a few tips:
- Pace activities and spread them throughout the day/week.
- Plan the day in advance so that you won’t feel rushed.
- Break up tasks into small steps and rest in between.
- Delegate tasks to other people if possible.
- Do not rush! Rest before becoming exhausted.
- Learn to let go of guilt caused by not finishing a task due to fatigue. There are other days.
- Organize your workspace.
- Alternate easy and difficult tasks.
For more tips visit: www.campus.dyc.edu, www.libbyasbestos.org, www.mynyp.org
Pictures from www.fun-gallery.com
"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." -Matthew 11:29