Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Women's Bible Study

Today I am grateful I attended a women's Bible study at my friend Denise's church. I have been asking God to help me belong to a group like my Handmaids of the Lord community in Abu Dhabi. And God has answered my prayer by giving me this small group of American women who gather every Tuesday at 12:00 noon to study the lives of great women in the Bible!

This day the woman in focus was Bathsheba, the woman King David coveted when he saw her from the palace rooftop bathing innocently at her house. She was faithfully married to Uriah, one of the king's trusted soldiers.When David sent for Bathsheba, he got her pregnant and to cover up his sin, plotted to have Uriah die in battle. As a consequence of David's sin, his firstborn from Bathsheba died. David repented and from then on he and Bathsheba had been blessed by God with 3 more sons, one of them being King Solomon.


Women's Bible Study group gathering at the gym


"We know that in all things God works for good to those who love Him, those whom He has called according to His purpose" - Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment