Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wheelchair and Bed Positioning

Today I am grateful I attended a Continuing Education course by Innovative Treatment Seminars on how to position patients in wheelchairs and beds for their optimum comfort and safety during function. According to the speakers, as skilled therapists we must first know what is causing the problem in abnormal posture and treat that. However, if it is something that cannot be remediated, the next thing to do would be to compensate for the deformity. Positioning patients has always been challenging for me as an Occupational Therapist. I am glad I learned so much today so I can help my patients. :)

Helpful Link: http://www.innovative-seminars.com/

the pelvis is the most important key when correcting posture in sitting

patients can be in supine, half-sidelying, sidelying, and prone

" The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. " - Matthew 25:16

No comments:

Post a Comment